I am a servant of Jesus Christ. I am slowly and sometimes painfully becoming the man that God wants me to be. I fight him but he is greater then any argument I can offer or any sin that I commit. He isn't something that I'm trying to be, but is instead the only one who can make me my true self. He is what I search and long for. He is my destination and my journey.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Whou would have thought?

If you were to ask any of my friends what my feelings towards children were 3 years ago they would have said something like "John hates kids." Or "He has no experience with children at all." To my great shame they would have been right. I spent all of my time avoiding children. I thought they were loud, annoying, and all around not neccessary. This changed once I started attending Christ Church. Just to show me how much of a sense of humor he has God put me in a place that would get me past my child phobia. At first I had no intention of helping durring the childrens church, but I was asked to help with the Vacation Bible School last summer. I had a lot of fun. Then I was asked to help with the childrens service on sundays. I said I would help with one and hoped that would be enough. The first one was fun and the kids seemed to like me. So I prayed about it and felt that the childrens service was where I was to help out for a while, that is until the BIG GUY tells me other wise. I was also introduced to a new little friend who is the son of two of my very good friends. Being around him is a blast and I always look forward to seeing him. I even gave him a nick name. I just call him Squeeker. Now I can honestly say I, John D. G., like kids, for the most part.

No comments: